Partnerships with Leading Lodging Brands to Go Green
Driftwood’s partnerships with virtually every major leading hotel and resort company include implementing socially responsible programs at the company’s owned and managed hotels. Examples include:
- Choice Hotel International – Driftwood stays committed to protecting the environment by providing a variety of corporate initiatives, such as Choice Hotel International’s Room to be Green program which focuses on energy conservation, water conservation and waste conservation.
- Hilton Worldwide – As a key partner to this global organization, Driftwood has taken strides to foster economic growth and community involvement around the world, helping achieve Hilton’s goal of creating new jobs, new companies and furthering economic development.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) – Driftwood supports a variety of IHG initiatives including Green Engage, an environmental management platform with a three-year target to reduce energy use between 6 and 10 percent.
- MarriottInternational – Driftwood’s Marriott properties share the company’s belief that with increased global travel comes responsibility for improving environmental impact. Goals for these hotels include the reduction of energy and water consumption by 20 percent between now and 2020 and building more LEED-certified hotels.
- Sheraton Hotels & Resorts – At the brand level, Sheraton’s Make a GreenChoice program rewards guests for choosing to conserve natural resources in their guest room. Driftwood’s Sheraton hotels also provide alternative transportation options, such as preferred parking for eco-friendly cars and shuttle services.